Saturday, April 08, 2006

My Heart Needs A Chance

My Heart Needs A Chance
I have said, and I do not deny.
The innocence is over.
The crocus of my naivete
Has both blossomed and flown
Although not calloused, I am not smooth.
But.. I am not asking for a fairytale
No mere storybook romancing
will steal this jaded heart from it's darkness..
But a chance..
However imperfect
However improbable
A pray for a chance
A chance to let the wound begin to heal
Cover it from the harsh winds,
Shield it from the constant salt.
A chance to give this heart away..
Feel the feeling of a loving hand
and give that healing to another..
I chance to do what I do best
To give myself, heart and soul
To another and receive the same..
A chance to trust..
A chance to love..

Written by *Care* © Copyright 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home