Saturday, June 25, 2005

Sorcerers Ascend

Sorcerers I believe in as
Illusions before my eyes
But I bear no false witness
In case they might be lies

One is a mystery, another is just magic
Both seem to me are nothing more than tragic
Conjured from the deep and fiery burning well
Possession for your soul, the trickster will not tell

And will you ever see beyond the smoke and mirrors
Towards something higher rising above our selfish fears
The third eye is not blind, modern apes have never known
It is long past the time for new sight to make your own

But when you realize That - It's already far too late
To build a world of love in a place so full of hate
Fall upon your sword, words become self-sacrificial knife
It's the least I can do to reaffirm this dying life

For when I come again, no need to wonder why
Then is when we will all have learned how to fly
But for now there is no real need to false witness and pretend
An eternity must pass by before we finally ascend

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home